Saturday, April 30, 2011

Qik Video Connect Update – Android Plays Well With Others

Among the many video chatting softwares available, iPhone to Android integration is few and far between. The biggest issue with the iPhone 4s front facing camera ability was the the fact WiFi had to be used while video chatting, while Android phones never had this issue. The new Qik update not only allows iPhone users to to chat via 3G connectivity but also allows users with Android phones to chat with their friends that have iPhones (hopefully to show them the error of their ways). While that may be the biggest new feature a few others have been implemented as well.

What’s in this version:

NEW:Live video callsVideo calls between Android and iPhones, iPod Touch 4th gen, iPad 2Video recording is private by defaultAbility to block anonymous callers (available from Settings)

Summary and Downloads:

Application: Qik Video Connect
Developer: Qik, Inc.
Cost: FREE



I'm an avid technology lover. My first Android device was a G1; I fell in love (except for the battery), next I got a Samsung Captivate; error in judgment on my behalf, now I've moved on to the MyTouch 4G; which I absolutely love. What started with me just needing some kind of phone to use, i.e. free G1, ended with a new addiction.... I also enjoy long walks on the beach and luxurious bubble baths.... Oh wait.

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment